I need a TARDIS.
I’m just throwing that out there right off the get-go, because it’s totally true, and if anyone has access to one I would deeply appreciate you making your way in my direction with it.
As usual, I feel like a week has disappeared with a snap of the fingers – maybe Thanos is playing tricks on me? I don’t know, but I’d swear I just wrote last week’s post, and now I’m sitting here – a day LATE, even! – wondering what the hell happened and what I’m going to talk about to make myself not look like an absolutely epic slacker.
Well, there’s no point in just going on about it like a big ol’ whiner, so let’s just dive in and see what we see.
Plan #1: Focus more on Writing.
If by “focus” you mean “spend the entire week staring at blank screens and pieces of paper and being completely unable to put words on them…then sure!
- Goal #1: Write half a million words throughout the year. I’m not going to sit here and make excuses, but I am going to lay down the facts, and the facts are that no matter what I tried last week, my brain would not put words together. I spent so much time staring at blank screens and pages, you seriously have no idea. Even as I speak to you now, I swear it’s like my brain is fighting to be able to put the words together into a coherent paragraph. I don’t know if I’m losing it or what, but I swear my brain is broken at this current time. Maybe I just haven’t been drinking enough water. It seems like a fair lot of problems can be blamed on not drinking enough water.
So, where was I? Oh yeah, word count. In the end the only words I wrote in week 19 were for blog posts, and they came together to form a paltry 2191 words. That brings my year’s total up to 84,153, and my daily average down to 633. Obviously I’m going to tell you that I’m not impressed with myself at all, but I’m sure you all know that and are used to it by now. 😛
- Goal #2: Sell more books. Not much to report this week. I haven’t had any report on the books in my friend’s shop, but from the online side of things I’ve sold a handful of e-books, no paperbacks. Nothing more to really say aside from that; I honestly haven’t put a huge amount of effort into marketing recently.
- Goal #3: Complete and publish The Other World: Book Two. Last week I promised that I was going to do something toward this goal, and I kept that promise! Kinda…lol I didn’t do all that much, to be perfectly honest, because again with the broken brain thing. But I did do a bit of re-reading of my manuscript, checking for errors and typos and the like. That’s progress, so I’m absolutely going to report it as such.
Plan #2: Focus more on YouTube.
It’s been difficult to get back into the swing of things after a couple of slow weeks in a row, but things are gradually moving forward.
- Goal #1: Film more often. We filmed and published two videos last week, one of which should count for at least two because it was a pain in the butt. We likely would have gotten more down, to be honest, but since it was Mother’s Day weekend and Jason and Adrianna wanted to go shopping for me, we lost a couple of days (and, you know…to hell with doing work on Mother’s Day :P). Still, it’s encouraging that we manged to get more than a single video up, and I think the ones we did do were enjoyable ones.
- Goal #2: Put more focus into, and have more fun with, the social media aspect. More honesty incoming! I’m still doing decent on the social media front, but I’ve been a little slow on it recently. It hasn’t really been on purpose; mostly I just find myself waking up in the morning and realizing “Oh damn, I didn’t Instagram anything yesterday,” and that kind of thing. I have a memory like a colander, you see. For that exact reason I have a day planner with this stuff written in as “to-do’s” for every single day, but lately I’ve been neglecting to pay attention to that. Again and I have to mention that it feels like my brain is broken, like I can’t focus and as a result can’t remember anything at all. I’m not trying to make excuses…just stating how I’ve been feeling.
#3: Focus more on myself.
If there’s any good report I can make, it’s going to be on this one. Focusing on myself has definitely not been a problem of late.
- Goal #1: Take time daily to read/watch/play. I got a few more episodes of Supernatural in during week 19, and Jason and I have been watching the old Fist of the North Star anime, which has been thoroughly enjoyable. I’ve also been getting back into my PS Vita games, which I’d been away from for a very long time, and I can report that Hue is one of the cutest little puzzle platformers I’ve ever played, just sayin’. I haven’t been reading a lot, other than to read Adrianna a chapter or two of something at bed time, but again that falls back to the wandering mind issue. Games seem easier because there’s only a little bit to focus on at a time, and with shows I can just turn my brain off and watch, but reading seems to require too much brainpower. That said, at least I’ve been taking time to enjoy myself.
- Goal #2: Stay active, but don’t obsess. This is definitely my best report. Though I can honestly say that I’m not really seeing any results as such, I’ve been working hard to get into some kind of shape. I’ve been going for Zombies Run missions pretty much daily, and I’ve been sticking to the P90 videos as well, meaning I’m getting an average of an hour of exercise per day. It’s exhausting, and there’s a little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me that it’s a waste of time, but but I feel good afterward, and at least it’s something that I can say I’m unequivocally sticking to.
And that was week 19. Not exactly the most productive week, but there are little victories here and there, and I ultimately don’t feel too bad about how it went. That said, I am hoping to do better on several things in week 20, so wish me luck!
How was your week? Were you able to accomplish anything? Do anything fun? Make any progress toward your own goals? Feel free to share!