What’s up my peeps?! I know I’m a day late with this post (as though that never happens, am I right?) but I honestly just lost track of the day of the week for some reason. 😛 My head is a tornado of, well…basically just a tornado. Lost of wreckage flying around in every direction, leaving nothing but destruction in its wake.
So, with that in mind, I’m looking back at week 30 and I feel very strongly that I’m going to find it was a terrible week. That said, I’m not in a particularly bad mood about it, so that’s…good? I don’t know. I’m just moderately pleasant today, I guess! So before my brain begins to turn around and melt and I start loathing myself again, let’s get through this post, shall we?
Plan #1: Focus more on Writing.
Guys, I tried SO hard to focus more in week 30, but somehow it just didn’t work! I honestly have no idea what happened. I know that I was busy as sin for a few days straight, and yet somehow nothing got done. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS!
- Goal #1: Write half a million words throughout the year. Despite the fact that I’d swear up, down, and sideways that I sat down to write multiple times a day throughout this week, I somehow managed to have a very poor word count. It was better than week 29, but still not great at all. I wrote 1971 words toward blog posts (if you’re wondering where all these blog posts are, some of them are for TraceysBasement.com), plus 1511 words toward fiction, for a week’s total of 3482. That brings 2018’s total up to 120,641, and brings my daily average down slightly to 572. At this point I’m going to have to have a miraculous week in order to get that daily average number to head back up. Could someone who is religiously-minded pray for me, please? 😛
- Goal #2: Sell more books. I’m getting this close to actually going out onto the street with a stack of books and a megaphone and demanding that people buy a copy in order to shut me up. That’s seriously the point I’m getting to right now. I’m getting nothing for e-book sales (either on my “real” books or my pen-name stories), nothing for physical book sales on Amazon, nothing from the shop that has a few copies of my books…just nothing in general. It’s so bloody frustrating.
- Goal #3: Complete and publish The Other World: Book Two. I did manage to get a bit of work done toward this goal last week, thank goodness. It wasn’t nearly as much as I wanted to get done, but I needed to add a scene, and that took a good while because I had to think about things and go back and check a number of things. In the end, it was definitely good work being made. I just wish there had been a little more of it!
Plan #2: Focus more on YouTube.
YouTube, to be honest, went right down the tubes in week 30.
- Goal #1: Film more often. Right off the heels of an excellent week of four videos filmed, edited, uploaded, and promoted, we had a terrible week of absolutely nothing getting done. Mind you, there was definitely work done on the behind-the-scenes stuff, such as the website blog posts I mentioned earlier, but as far as actual videos were concerned, we did absolutely nothing. Now, in our defense I’ll also add that this heat wave stuff has been getting completely out of hand. I’ve never been so sweaty so many days in a row in all my life, and it’s been making even the prospect of sitting under half a dozen lights and speaking to a camera make me want to retch. But that’s not going to change any time soon, so hopefully I’m able to suck it up and get something done in week 31.
- Goal #2: Put more focus into, and have more fun with, the social media aspect. I think I’ve been getting better? This is always such a hard thing to report on. I need an unbiased objective eye on this one. I feel like I’ve been tweeting more, Instagramming more, and generally just being fun and playful with my social media, but it’s hard to really look back and say whether it was a particularly good or particularly bad week.
#3: Focus more on myself.
Phew…I’ll be honest: this really didn’t happen last week. I’m sure they’d both turn around and try to deny it, but I seriously spent the overwhelming majority of the week doing what both Jason and Adrianna wanted me to be doing, and the result is that I feel a little burnt out right now. I’ve definitely got to try to do better this week or there’s likely to be some kind of a breakdown.
- Goal #1: Take time daily to read/watch/play. I played a few mobile games last week? Question mark because I know that I did, but I think every time I did it was because Adrianna wanted me to play something with her. Aside from that, I can’t remember the last time I touched a REAL video game, and the only thing I read all last week was the mini book of Astrid Lindgren short stories that my friend Marie sent me, and that seriously is so short it only took about 10 minutes. For “watching”, Jason and I have been re-watching Dragonball Z in the nights, and that’s been about it.
- Goal #2: Stay active, but don’t obsess. I got a zombie run in! It was only one, but I got it in! I also spend a couple of days in Sydney on the weekend, running all over hell’s creation, so that was half-decent exercise. Other than that I’ve been fairly sedentary because of that damned heat wave. Weeks like these I really, really wish I had a pool, because then I could kill two birds with one stone. But until I win some kind of lottery or something, there’s no sense in even thinking about it. Long story short: I’m not obsessing. Seriously. I’m not. Shut up.
So yeah, overall I was correct in my assessment back in the beginning of this post. It was a fairly terrible week. I’m still not horribly depressed about it or anything, but it does definitely make me frown when I look back and see how much I didn’t get done, even though I felt like I was running my ass off most of the week. How does that even work? Someone really has to tell me, because I cannot figure it out.
How was your week? Were you able to accomplish anything? Do anything fun? Make any progress toward your own goals? Feel free to share!