Uh oh! Someone is a day late on her goals post! You know what that means? Well, to be honest it means that I spent most of yesterday hungover and refusing to do anything productive. So…yeah.
Since the kid’s tae kwon do class was cancelled on Sunday we spent almost the entire day out, off to the local (i.e. an hour’s drive away) flea market, then taking in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie (it was fun!) before heading back home. Then, when we were halfway there, we got word that Cousin-in-Law would be dropping in on his way through from a trip, and what that meant, of course, was booze and food. Quite extraordinary amounts of booze and food. We ended up being up until 4 am, drinking, eating, playing trivia games, and watching Jim Jeffries on Netflix.
(Note: Jim Jeffries is funny AF, but if you’re a sensitive soul, you might want to take a pass on his stand-up.)
So, what I’m getting to here is that Monday (yesterday) was not my day at all. I fell asleep at roughly 4:30 am, got up again at 7:30 to make sure the kid got off to the school bus, went back to bed, passed out until roughly 11:30, then got up, somehow convinced myself to do my P90X workout for the day, and finally spent the rest of the day doing my best to be as lazy as physically possible.
It was a good time.
But now it’s Tuesday, I have no excuses, and there are things to be done, so let’s get this post out of the way first!
Goal #1: Be Healthier
If anyone wants to take on the mantle of personal trainer (i.e. whip me when I’m bad…NOT in a sexual way!) I would be open to taking a look at some resumes. Honestly I’m just…I’m just the worst. Okay, maybe not the worst, but I’m definitely not great.
- Eat better (and less) – This is my main problem right here. Most days I’m okay in the morning and afternoon, grabbing something healthy, drinking lots of water, all that good stuff… But by the time supper rolls around I’m a ravenous beast with absolutely no willpower. Nine times out of ten I’ll snack on ingredients while making supper, and nearly ten times out of ten I’ll end up gorging on things like candy and chips after supper because it’s like some kind of black hole opens in my gut in the evening. And lately I’ve had zero willpower when it comes to things like chocolate. I’m blaming hormones, but I also know that’s a big pile of bullshit and that I have to do better.
- Drink more water – Water consumption is good some days, not so great others. I tend to drink a lot in the morning, before and after my workout, but then I seem to peter off and forget to drink any more throughout the remainder of the day. I haven’t been using my bottle recently though, so maybe getting back to that will help out. I find it easier to realize that I haven’t been drinking when I can see the still-full bottle sitting there staring at me.
- Get more exercise – This is the one health-related goal that I’ve actually been accomplishing. I ended up skipping my workout on Sunday because of the aforementioned day out + visitor, but that’s the only day I’ve missed of P90X so far. I’m in the third week of the Lean schedule now and looking forward to changing it up a bit in week 4. I did make a small adjustment to the plan… I know it’s good for you, but I just can’t fucking stand doing nearly an hour and a half of yoga, so I’ve been replacing that video with more cardio or Kenpo on yoga days.
- Lose 2 lbs per month – I don’t even want to talk about it, you guys…I goddamn gained weight. The 2-3 lbs that I had previously lost? Yeah, I gained that back PLUS another 2. -_- I’m trying to grit my teeth and tell myself that it’s probably muscle, but the truth is that I’ve been eating like shit and it’s probably fat. I have to do better. I’ll never get my tattoo at this rate.
Goal #2: Be an Author
Writing has been going well, although my brain has felt a little blank lately when it comes to my current WsIP. Don’t get me wrong; I have plenty of ideas! They just aren’t for the stories that I’m supposed to be writing.
- Write 500,000 words throughout the year – I disappointed a tad on my Pacemaker.press goal for last week. I still did quite well, it’s just that I lost all of Sunday and hadn’t really written ahead to make up for any issues. Pacemaker wanted me to write a total of 11,276 throughout the week; I ended the week with 8758. Still a totally acceptable number, for sure! I just hope to beat Pacemaker next week, because it always feels so good to see my number go past the one I’m aiming for.
- Promote published books – Ugh. I just…no. I am SO bad at this. Mind, in my defence, there’s very little effective that you can do without spending money (which I can’t afford), so there’s that… But still. This is, like…my biggest failure as an author.
- Promote Patreon & exclusive content – I actually posted two new pieces to my Patreon recently! The first is the fourth chapter of my ongoing Revenge Omens fan-fiction, and if you like stories with lots of pain, suffering, and angst, this one is for you, believe me. The second is a 2k Good Omens one-shot fan-fiction called I Want You To Be Mine. It’s saucy, but not explicit, and is based on this fun animatic that I’ve watched about a thousand times. I just thought it would be fun to write, to be honest!
Both of these pieces will be posted publicly on AO3 next week, but if you’re a wonderful person who wants to support my broke ass, you can read both for just a $2 donation to my Patreon. ❤
- Work on Author social media – I think I’ve been doing okay in this field for a while now, though the Twitter account has been dead as a door-nail. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I guess I’m just not connecting with people there. My follower count on that account stayed the same last week. That said, the Instagram account gained another 13 followers, thanks in most part (I’m assuming) to the continuously lovely Good Omens fandom. Ya’ll are amazing, and I love you so much! Especially the lovely ladies who have recently been making me fan-art for my fan-fics! (Remind me to share those with you guys in another post!)
Goal #3: Be a YouTuber
*cough cough* I, um…that is…you see, the thing is…
Goal #4: Be Fun
I’M FUN! I’M THE FUNNEST F*CKER IN THIS JOINT!
(Yeah, I’m still laughing at myself for that heading.)
- Read 50 books throughout the year – There needs to be a way for me to report the hundreds of thousands of fan-fiction words I’ve been reading as novels on my Goodreads challenge. Hit me up with some ideas, people! X*D
That said, as hysterical as it might sound, I’m actually starting to run out of decent Good Omens fan-fictions on AO3 (BECAUSE I’VE BLOODY READ THEM ALL), so I might actually get some, you know…actual books read sometime soon. *cough cough*
- Play video games – I did a bit of gaming in the past week. Nothing really substantial or anything, but I did some Smash Bros with the family, a bit of Mortal Kombat 11 with them as well, and Jason and I also popped in Burnout Paradise Remastered and have been enjoying the absolute destruction that’s possible in that game. It’s really rather cathartic. I highly recommend it if for no other reason than the Showtime events.
- Watch shows/movies – As previously mentioned, the fam and I went to see Sonic the Hedgehog the other day, and I was thoroughly pleased. It was a fun little family film with some amusing Easter eggs for people who grew up with the games, and my daughter enjoyed the heck out of it. Near the end she was literally on the edge of her seat making victory sounds. It was bloody adorable.
In shows, Jason and I binged the third season of Castlevania on Netflix, and it was awesome and quite enjoyable. I also can’t recall whether I mentioned or not, but I watched the first episode of Prodigal Son, and I’m very keen to see more. Tom Payne is really interesting as Malcolm Bright, and you guys already know that I love the hell out of Michael Sheen, so it’s a definite win for me. I’m very interested to see where the story is going to go.
All told, it wasn’t a bad week at all, just not quite as productive as I would have liked it to be. But that said, I currently have an actual graphic artist chatting with me about a watercolor piece she’s going to do for a scene from one of my Good Omens fan-fics, and I’ve been smiling about it for two straight days now so I can’t really be in a bad mood about anything.
So there you have it. Apparently the key to my heart is fan-art. Take a note, lovely people! ❤
How was your week? Any accomplishments you want to share? Goals you worked hard on? Feel free to share in the comments! ❤