It’s going to be a bit of a shorter post this week, my dears, as I’ve very little to report and am currently recovering from several days in a row of lost sleep.
The long-story-short bit is that we had a death in the family a few days past and, as these things tend to do, it threw life off-kilter for a bit. So I’m going to go through this one a little quicker than usual and move on to the many other things I’ve got going on at the moment. Cheers? Cheers.
Goal #1: Be Healthier
Short story: I’m a bloody wreck.
- Eat better (and less) – If anything, I ate worse in this past week than I was doing before I started this goal. Junk food and fast food and copious amounts of alcohol, snacking and gorging and just all-over being a cow. There are no two ways around it. I spent most of last week eating like I was actively trying to gain weight.
- Drink more water – To be fair to myself, I did still drink a lot of water, but there was also all the alcohol, and hydration in general did not help at all with my appetite last week. I was just off in a whole lot of ways.
- Get more exercise – I had a couple of ‘morning run’ days at the beginning of the week, and there were a few Pokemon Go walks with the family as well, so at least that’s something. However, there was also a lot of sitting around doing not much of anything at all. So there’s that.
- Lose 2 lbs per month – I don’t even want to talk about it. I’m not even going to give you any numbers, because it’s just too frustrating. Maybe by this time next week I’ll have repaired some of the damage and I can get back to you.
Goal #2: Be an Author
By some little bit of luck, I did actually get most of my writing done early in the week, so the report for this particular goal isn’t actually all that bad.
- Write 500,000 words throughout the year – As I said, I happened to go hard earlier in the week, so I ended up nearly doubling my Pacemaker.press goal despite slacking off later in the week. Pacemaker wanted me to come up with 5932 words, and I managed to pull together 10,775 across three different projects. That brings me up to 80% completion for my half-a-mill goal, which is pretty awesome and definitely closer than I’ve ever gotten to writing so much in one year.
- Promote published books – Hmm…I’m thinking pretty hard, but I don’t believe that I did any kind of self-promo at all last week. Bad Tracey.
- Promote Patreon & exclusive content – I did post to the Patreon at the end of the week, because it was time for another chapter of ‘Revenge Omens’, which has been getting lots of positive feedback. Yay for that! I also have a short nearly ready to go up; I just have to transcribe it because I happened to write this one by hand.
- Work on Author social media – I actually think I posted pretty consistently to all my social media last week. I shared some sketches, some writing updates, and some fun random stuff, all to the tune of gaining 3 followers on the Twitter account and 5 on the Instagram.
Goal #3: Be a YouTuber
Things definitely ground to a halt here last week, but there was some progress at the beginning of the week.
- Film/edit/upload – I mentioned in last week’s post that we were just in the process of finishing the editing on a slew of four videos that we’d done all at once. Shortly after making that post we did, in fact, finish all the editing and uploading and launching and whatnot, and so all four of those videos went live together. There has not been any continuing progress since then because of aforementioned family events, but I imagine you can rather understand that.
- Promote and Interact (Social Media) – Similarly to the author accounts, I feel like I was pretty productive with the social media last week, particularly with the several cute and fun pics I shared on Instagram. Unfortunately the results weren’t as positive as the author accounts. I only gained 1 follower on Instagram (although, at least it’s a positive number) and actually lost 3 on the Twitter account. That said, there were weird things going on with Twitter last week and apparently lots of people practically had their follower counts vanish overnight, so I feel rather lucky to have not been involved in whatever the hell that was.
- Expand website content – Do not engage, Tracey. Just do not engage.
Goal #4: Be Fun!
There actually was quite a bit of fun to be had in the second half of the week, as Jason’s cousin visited for a few days to help distract us from things rather not dwelled upon.
(Everyone grieves in their own way. Don’t judge.)
- Read 50 books throughout the year – I didn’t get a whole lot of reading done last week, but I did finish “Psycho Hose-Beast From Hell”, which went live today, so you should go check it out! You can read my full review right here; it was quite a fun romp with characters that I came to adore, and I’m definitely interested to see the continuation of the series.
- Play video games – There was actually a fair bit of random gaming last week, including a Smashdown tournament in ‘Smash Bros Ultimate’, a merciless slaying of my competitors in ‘Tetris Attack’, several random bouts of ‘Tetris 99’, and a ‘Summer Games 2’ tournament on the C64 Mini, which was quite hysterical because of how impossible it is to figure out the controls on those games. Lots of fun distractions to be had.
- Watch shows/movies – We didn’t watch a whole lot last week, aside from watching ‘Community’ at suppertime and ‘Futurama’ reruns in bed at night. We did watch the newest (at the time) episode of ‘The Boys’ on Amazon Prime Vid, which is fan-fucking-tastic, but I think that was more or less it. That said, there will definitely be a slew of movie-viewings coming very soon, because it’s nearly time for us to start our ’31 Days of Halloween’ event. ❤
So that’s that; less overly-detailed than usual, but I’m sure you’re probably not complaining since I can tend to ramble in these posts. Now, it’s time to get back to work catching up on all the many, many things I’ve gotten behind on. Wish me luck!
How was your week? Any accomplishments you want to share? Goals you worked hard on? Feel free to share in the comments!