Is it Tuesday? Dammit, it’s Tuesday, isn’t it? Late again! Well, at least you can easily see that my organizational skills have not improved. ^_~
This week’s report might be a little all over the place, in conjunction with the all-over-the-place-ed-ness that has been my brain recently. It was another one of those weird, “what the hell happened and what did I do?” kind of weeks. I seem to be having more and more of those lately. Maybe I’m getting old.
ANYWAY, I’ve been trying to catch up on things and get myself into a more organized (ha ha ha ha ha) state of mind, so let’s bounce right into it and get this report posted!
Plan #1: Focus more on Writing.
I took some advice from a friend and let myself relax on this one during week 20. I’ve been getting more and more stressed out as my inability to get any writing done gets worse and worse, so she suggested that I take a week off, don’t worry about my word count, and just try to relax, and I honestly think that it’s been very good for me. 🙂
- Goal #1: Write half a million words throughout the year. Obviously, as a result of the break mentioned above, I didn’t get a huge amount of writing done in week 20. I did, however, get a little, so it wasn’t a monstrous loss. There was a tiny bit of blogging, for a total of 1728 words, and I managed 741 fiction words toward a new side-project. Adding a new project to the plate probably seems like a horrible idea, but it’s just something I intend to mess about with in my spare time, and maybe it will become something in the future. Either way, between those two things I totaled 2469 words for the past week, bringing my year’s total up to 86,622 and my daily average down to 619.
- Goal #2: Sell more books. Absolutely nada to report here. Other than a few page reads through Kindle Unlimited (which I effectively make no money from), there’s been no movement on the book sales front. I’ve been trying to brainstorm some new ideas for promoting them, but I haven’t honestly had the time required to really sit down and work on it.
- Goal #3: Complete and publish The Other World: Book Two. I didn’t get anything in the way of editing/revising/etc done in week 20, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t get anything done toward this goal. I’ve been having a few issues with the manuscript for book two in that I keep forgetting little details and having to go scouring through book one to try and hunt them down. Then I forget them again, because I’m a moron who never writes anything down when she needs to. That’s why I decided to start a special notebook specifically for the Other World series. I started it with a sketch and description of the main character, Tori, and followed it up with descriptions of what happens in each chapter, with important points written in a different color. So far I’ve gotten up to chapter three, plus started a sketch-and-description page for the supporting character, Jacob, and I intend to finish up book one this week. Then I’ll outline the important stuff for book two as I’m going through the manuscript edits, and hopefully when I’m done I’ll have all the necessary information to move on to book three without having to constantly go back and forth between the books to remind myself of what the hell is going on. See? Sometimes I have good ideas!
Plan #2: Focus more on YouTube.
Oh goodness gracious no, what happened here? 😛
- Goal #1: Film more often. In week 20 I did one video by myself and one more with Jason. Not exactly a huge push on productivity, but as I keep pointing out, it’s still published videos. We’ve really slowed down lately for a number of reasons, but we also started brainstorming ideas for different types of videos we can do in the future, so go us! Hopefully we’ll be able to start pumping out some more of them in future weeks and I’ll have more interesting stuff to report here.
- Goal #2: Put more focus into, and have more fun with, the social media aspect. Twitter is still, by far, the easiest platform for me to be productive on, but I haven’t been too bad on the others lately either. A few company contests and challenges have made Instagram a little easier to focus on. Facebook, as always, is mostly a copy of what happens on Twitter and Instagram, so as long as those are doing well, so is Facebook. Snapchat is where I petered out as of late, but I’m not worrying about it. I still intend to use it, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’ll never be a big player for us. It’s just not that big a deal anymore, and is mostly just used for good friends to torment each other with weird filters.
#3: Focus more on myself.
On this front I’m still going strong, mainly because if I wasn’t focusing on myself, I’d probably have crawled into bed and stayed there by now. 😛
- Goal #1: Take time daily to read/watch/play. Again it’s been mostly playing. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, I’m just pointing out that reading has definitely not been my go-to lately, although I do still have a pile of books I want to read. Instead I’ve been playing a bunch of different games when I have a moment or two, including Rayman Legends on the Vita, Burnout Paradise on the PS4, and Cooking Frenzy on my phone. Plus I’ve been enjoying the tears and recriminations of playing Overcooked with the little one on the Switch. And you know what? I suppose if I’m bringing her into it I can also mention that I actually have been reading a bit, since I’ve been reading Coraline to the little miss (she’s been rather enjoying it too). As far as watching, I’m very nearly caught up to the last available episodes of Supernatural now. 🙂
- Goal #2: Stay active, but don’t obsess. The one thing on this list that I’m genuinely proud of is that I’ve been definitely staying active. On the one had I have to admit that I decided to give up on P90. It’s not that it was too difficult or anything; I just found that it was taking up more time than I feel I have, and since I enjoy Zombies Run more than I enjoy following along to the same two exercise videos every other day, I decided that P90 would be the one to go. I may try out something different in the future, but for the meantime I’ve been putting more of the focus on my running, with the strength exercise coming mostly from everyday tasks and the occasional mini-exercise. That said, even without P90 I’m confident that I got more exercise in week 20 than any of the previous weeks. I’ve been taking fast runs, and sometimes longer ones, and on occasion been doing multiple in the same day. I genuinely love the Zombies Run app, and it’s made getting outside and moving fun for me. And on a related note, I’ve finally (just barely) dropped below my first weight-loss goal, so I’m more motivated than ever! Go me!
And that was week 20! Some reports weren’t exactly the greatest, but all things considered I’m mostly happy with the way the week went.
How was your week? Were you able to accomplish anything? Do anything fun? Make any progress toward your own goals? Feel free to share!