I’m writing this post after playing several songs in a row on Just Dance with Adrianna, so I’m going to spare you guys the usual talk of how the week just flew by, and save my energy for actual information. ^_~
Plan #1: Focus more on Writing.
This wasn’t a particularly exciting week for writing, with not a huge amount to say, so I’ll just jump right into the individual details:
- Goal #1: Write half a million words throughout the year. Worst week yet! Yay! Seriously though, I’m not getting down on myself because there were other good parts to the week, but getting my word count up wasn’t really one of them. I only hit the 1370 goal on one day, and had one day where I didn’t write at all. I’m disappointed in myself for that, but it was an extraordinarily busy day, so I’ll give myself a pass this one time. All together for the week I wrote 3456 words for blog posts and 1845 words toward TOW, for a total of 5301. That means that I’m up to 14480 words for the year so far, which is an average of 724 words per day. That makes me reaaaaaaally far behind, but my daily average did technically go up since last week, so at least that’s something!
- Goal #2: Sell more books. As ever, this proves to be extraordinarily difficult, but I’m determined to persevere. I haven’t heard from the shop owner on whether he’s sold any of my physical copies, but I did have a few page reads pop up on Kindle. That’s encouraging, but not exactly financially exciting. For those of you not in the know, authors enrolling their novels in Kindle Unlimited make an average of about half a cent per page read. Since I got about 80 pages read the other day, that means I’ve made less than half a buck. Not exactly something to brag about, but hey…I guess something is better than nothing.
- Goal #3: Complete and publish The Other World: Book Two. This one has been hurting my brain a little lately. I’m currently in that mode that a lot of writers get in, in which they’re just kinda…sick of their WIP. I want to press on because I want something that’s together enough to send to my beta readers, but I find myself staring at the pages and just zoning out. I think I need a little bit of a kick in the head to get back on track. Anyone have any ideas?
Plan #2: Focus more on YouTube.
This is the second week in a row that Jason and I kicked ASS on this goal, so if nothing else, I feel extremely accomplished here.
- Goal #1: Film more often. Throughout this week, between one vid that Jason and Adrianna did, a few I did myself, and the rest that Jason and I did normally, we filmed 9 videos and uploaded 7 of them. I’m pretty sure that’s a new record! They weren’t spread out so that it was one posted per day, but I choose to look at it in that averaging respect. We put up 7 vids in 7 days! With two left over to spare! Woo!
- Goal #2: Put more focus into, and have more fun with, the social media aspect. The social media this week has come naturally as a result of so much video posting, but I’ve also been hanging out a lot more often on Twitter, which I find to be the easiest platform to use without wasting too much time. I’d like to start focusing more on Instagram though, since that’s where we currently have the most followers.
Plan #3: Focus more on myself.
So did I take care of myself this week? Ha ha ha ha ha ha…hahahaha…ha…ha…
- Goal #1: Take time daily to read/watch/play. I didn’t have a lot of stimulating “me time” this week because I was just too busy to find it. I did have random little bouts of playing phone games while, like…waiting for Adrianna to get out of school, and I did get a bath one night and read a bit more of A Clockwork Orange, but that was basically it. With that said, I’m going to HAVE to find some time for myself sometime this week, because I’m pretty much running on fumes at this point.
- Goal #2: Stay active, but don’t obsess. To look at my day planner (where I record everything) you wouldn’t think I was particularly active this week because all I really wrote in that column was “cleaning” over and over again. But you’d be wrong because that cleaning was active as sin. I did some major deconstructing of the basement, bagging up toy boxes and hauling them up two flights of stairs and a ladder to toss them in the attic, not to mention rearranging shelves, sorting collectibles, and actually cleaning in the form of vacuuming, dusting, etc. All that put together and I may not have gotten a lot of steps, but I’m damn well exhausted, I can tell you that!
So that was week three! It was tiring, and I didn’t get as much writing done as I would have liked, but everything else went pretty well, and the channel is doing very well because of it, so I guess it was a success in general. ^_^ Here’s to week four!
How was your week? Were you able to accomplish anything? Do anything fun? Make any progress toward your own goals? Feel free to share!