I’ve got the Monday Motivation thing on TAP this week, so let’s DO THIS THING!
The first thing I want to mention before getting into the actual reporting, is that I’ve made a small change. For reasons that are wholly superfluous, unimportant to you all, and basically the result of my mind working in stupid ways, I’ve shifted the way I’m recording the weeks by one day. I originally started with a Sunday-to-Saturday set up, mostly just because that’s how I visualize the week most clearly, but for those meaningless reasons I’ve already mentioned, I’ll now be going Monday-to-Sunday, which means that these posts will land on Monday from now on. That means virtually nothing to anyone except me, but I thought I’d mention it anyway, because I’m talkative like that.
Another thing that I want to mention ahead of time is that, frankly, the past week was – without mincing words – a complete cluster fuck. Pardon my language, but there’s not really any other realistic way I can say it and get across just how bad it really was in terms of getting stuff done. That said, a good chunk of the week for me was spent working through some mental stuff, trying to relax a bit, and planning for the month ahead, so expect to hear me reference “preparing for May” a few times throughout this post. I won’t say that it’s not an excuse because it’s totally an excuse. Deal with it!
Plan #1: Focus more on Writing.
Hoooooooooooooo-eee, is this going to be a great steaming pile of bantha fodder. lol
- Goal #1: Write half a million words throughout the year. I dropped the ball hardcore in week 17. Part of it was because of the previously mentioned “preparing for May”, part of it was because of the also-previously-mentioned “working through some mental stuff”, part of it was the fact that I was having some major blockage and just kept staring at blank pages, feeling like my head had gone completely empty, and the last part was pure laziness. I ended up writing only 1367 blogging words and 366 fiction words, for a grand week total of 1733. Look at that! I beat my record for worst week yet! 😛 My measly, pathetic word count for the week brought the year’s total up to 77,557, with a daily average of 652. Well, at least I can say that my daily average didn’t go down too much. Little mercies!
- Goal #2: Sell more books. I don’t really have anything specific to report here this week. I haven’t spoken to my shop friend, so I don’t know if he’s sold any books, and there hasn’t been any new ebook sales the past week. I did run a free e-book campaign on one of my pen name’s stories, and it got a few downloads, but that’s about it.
- Goal #3: Complete and publish The Other World: Book Two. Do you honestly think that I have anything good to report here when I’ve already established that I wrote effectively bugger all in week 17? Okay, good, we’re on the same page.
Plan #2: Focus more on YouTube.
A little less bantha fodder here, but still not the most amazing week to report.
- Goal #1: Film more often. We filmed two videos in week 17, both of them subscription boxes. As I’ve said during other 2-video-weeks, that’s not exactly horrible, just also not exactly motivational. Week 17 wasn’t a great week, mentally or emotionally, for filming. Yes, that’s technically an excuse, but trust me, if Jason and I aren’t both feeling in high spirits, it doesn’t make for a good video, so we’re better off waiting.
- Goal #2: Put more focus into, and have more fun with, the social media aspect. The social media side, however, has been okay. I’m still tweeting, getting Instagram posts up, and sharing stuff all over the place. Specifically Jason and I took a bunch of photos of the Cryptkins that Cryptozoic sent us, which made for a fun bomb of Instagram posts. I’ve also been trying to find extra time to browse through other peoples’ posts in order to share the love. 🙂
#3: Focus more on myself.
Remember all that stuff I mentioned above about “preparing for May” and “trying to relax” and all that stuff? That was me focusing on myself. ^_~
- Goal #1: Take time daily to read/watch/play. This is one thing that I actually accomplished in spades in week 17. One big thing? We all went as a family to see Infinity War, and it was absolutely goddamn fantastic, and I will fight you if you think otherwise. Aside from that, though, I also played some Breath of the Wild, some silly mobile games with the little one, and got quite a few episodes of Supernatural in, so that I’m very nearly caught up to the currently-airing episodes.
- Goal #2: Stay active, but don’t obsess. And finally, on the fitness side of things, I did okay in week 17, with a few Zombies, Run! missions under my belt. Unfortunately I cancelled a lot of that out by eating very poorly and snacking constantly, and then I had to take a few days off to let my feet heal (which they hadn’t yet, after those first few disastrous runs with old sneakers). All in all, the result of this is that I kinda feel like I’m starting over from scratch, but that’s okay. Tomorrow is a new month, and I’ve started something new today that will hopefully help me get back into the swing of things in a real way. But I’ll save that for another post…
So what we have here, all things told, is a pretty crappy week, but a strangely motivated Tracey. here’s to great May!
How was your week? Were you able to accomplish anything? Do anything fun? Make any progress toward your own goals? Feel free to share!